Monday 27 December 2010

Mini 1275GT Restoration - Complete Pages

I bought this car specifically because it was an original car with original 1275 stripes on it, hopefully you can see that when we produce specific decals we make sure that they are right. I was able to make exact replicas from the original stripes. I kept this car for a number of years after quite an extensive restoration which included new sills, drivers front floor pan, new rear inner arches (which were a nightmare to change). New A panels and new front wings and a new roof repair panel. I sold this on fleebay for the reserve price of 1275 (bargain). 


The pictures below were of the finished car and used to list it for sale. I love these cars and I'm aiming to build a 'brand new' one in the near future hopefully.


An image of the new inner arches. The car was in pretty good condition in some areas as can be seen from this image.


The 'famous' three pod dashboard fitted to all 1275's


I avoided fitting spot lights to the front of this car but I quite like these, a brand new set of yokos and weller wheels were fitted as well.


The interior was okay, I managed to save the seats but the drivers seat  really did need recovering.


The wheel arches were replaced, primed and painted in body colour. This was surprisingly easy to do.


New wing mirrors, the internal roll cage was good to fit but did make it awkward getting in and out of the car. It was also a nightmare to fit as well as costing over £300.


I only fitted the half cage in the car, lucky really as this was tough but it did seem to strengthen the car up when cornering.


I was never keen on these fog lights but they had to be fitted because of the year of the car so I decided to go for the 205 GTi look.


I didn't do anything to this engine except fit the uprated engine stabliser bar.


1 comment:

  1. Funny enough this came up on ebay recently and sold for over £2.5K. 1275's seem to be in very short supply at the moment.

    ReplyDelete